iM3 42-12 Ultrasonic Scaler
Unlike other ultrasonic tooth scalers that use a “jack hammer” approach to tooth scaling, the 42-12 adopts a more gentle technique with its revolutionary rotational tip movement, and ultrasonic removal of the plaque and calculus.
The 42-12 rapidly removes heavy calculus deposits from all tooth surfaces and is safe to use in periodontal pockets up to 13 mm deep. The 42-12 achieves a highly polished finish on the tooth with less enamel damage by using an exceptionally high ultrasonic frequency of 42,000Hz, coupled with an extremely low amplitude of the titanium scaler tip’s circular movement of 0.02 mm.
- Power is permanently set at a high 42,000 Hz frequency (cycles) yet is safe to use in periodontal pockets up to 13 mm deep. No other Veterinary Ultrasonic Scaler can do this safely because they produce too much heat
- Lightweight handpiece with finger on/off control right where you need it, eliminating troublesome foot control altogether
- The rotational tip movement and high ultrasonic frequency create a fine coolant mist which is adjustable
- Rapidly removes plaque and calculus from all tooth surfaces, while using a lighter touch on the enamel than required of other ultrasonic scalers
- Unit supplied with universal and perio titanium tips and spare ferrite rod.
- Titanium tips last 3-4 times longer than stainless steel scaler tips
- Autoclavable handpiece and tips